Men in Black are a fun, energetic, soulful wedding and corporate events band. They have been chosen as a finalist in the Brides' Choice Awards for 'Wedding Band of the Year 2017.' We were lucky enough to have the Men in Black as part of our wedding day.. Before our own wedding, we had been to over 10 MIB weddings and the atmosphere and fun was always the highest level. Let's get behind MIB for 'Wedding Band of the Year 2017.'..
10 Reasons Men in Black should be your 'wedding band of the year'
1. EXPERIENCE: With over a decade of experience; all can only run smoothly with these seasoned professionals. Everything gets better with age and these guys are no exception.
2. TALENT: Each of the Men in Black is a talented musician in their own right - sax, keyboard, percussion, electric guitar, vocals..... and a few sneaky dance moves! (We caught you Sandy!)
3. STYLE: Let's face it, you can't get more stylish than these guys.
4. PROFESSIONALISM: The Men in Black are true professionals from start to finish - with an impressive PA, stage and lighting system.
5. ROCKING SET LIST: Playing everything from classics to get those heads bopping and modern tracks to get the feet stomping.
6. INTERACTION: One of the MIB's biggest appeals for me is their charisma and crowd involvement... no wonder every wedding leads to more MIB fanatics like us!
7. PASSION: This is something that just projects from every musical note they play and leads to everyone singing along to every word.
8. VALUE: For what you are getting with these guys, booking them for your wedding or event is guaranteed value for money.
9. ENERGY: No matter what Men in Black wedding I have been to, the energy they exude and in turn they receive from the crowd is electric.. just try get me off that dance floor!
10. ENTHUSIASM: Even though this band are booked up for months in advance, they still put everything into every show and make each one a night to remember.
Special Men in Black offer for LifeAfterBlue followers !!!!!
Book MIB in 2018/2019 and get free DJ or Sax drinks reception* worth 250e if you mention LifeAfterBlue on booking!
*Subject to availability
TV3 presenter Ciara Doherty married her long term beau, Richard Stearn on the foot of the Monserrat mountains just outside Barcelona.
Ciara met her now husband working in TV3. The Co. Donegal beauty looked immaculate in a custom made strapless beaded dress with scalloped detailing from Limerick store 'The Attic'. She topped off the look with glowing make up and a low chignon hairstyle.
The couple wed just outside Barcelona in front of 120 close family and friends. The ceremony was followed by an outdoor reception with long tables of white and pink flowers and Pinterest worthy drop candles in glass blubs overhead.
Ciara was sharing wedding prep pics in the lead up on Twitter and was beaming with excitement in each one.
The newlyweds are now heading off on a two month back-packing honeymoon around North and South America. Sounds amazing!!!
Huge congrats to Ciara and Richard on their special day. This has definitely been one of my favourite celeb dresses to date!
"Application, coverage and odour all get a thumbs up, but longevity let it down"
Bondi Sands is a self tanning brand founded in Australia. The product I have chosen to use is their Self Tanning Foam (Dark). It is described online as a 'lightweight self tanning foam...flawless finish...enriched with aloe vera and coconut...streak free.' So, it sounds good, I am excited to try it out.
How does it work?
So as it goes, I'm a pasty white individual in general who just burns in the sun and then returns to my original shade of unpigmented Irishness. Therefore self-tanning is a necessary ritual for any occasion.
The coconut scent, as advertised, was faint, if not there at all, but it did not have as much of a 'fake tan smell' as others.
As for longevity, this is where I was a little disappointed. I applied the tan on a Friday night and found it had worn off a lot by Monday morning. I would have expected to get another day or two out of it at least.
I would definitely use the product again as it is hard to find a shade you are happy with and a tan that does not have that distinctive 'tan odour,' but I would most definitely be bringing the bottle with me if I was going away for a few days.
"To be irreplaceable, you have to be different" - Coco Chanel
Here are some of our red carpet style idols that decided to be a little different on their wedding day...
Dianne Agron of TV show Glee wed Mumford & Sons' Winston Marshall in a sparkling sheer Valentino gown
Jessica Biel went blush marrying Justin Timberlake
Olivia Palermo married Johannes Huebl in New York in a three piece ensemble consisting of a cream cashmere sweater, white shorts and tulle overlay skirt.
Poppy Delevingne proved to be as stylish as her sister Cara, wearing a white peplum floral dress.
Kristen Bell married Dax Shepard in a small wedding looking chic in a LBD
Solange Knowles was full of stylish soul in her caped white gown and gold cuffs
House actress Amber Tamblyn married Arrested Development actor David Cross in a bright yellow dress - perfect to reflect that woodland sunshine
Anne Hathaway oozed vintage glamour in an off the shoulder dress with pink hand painted trim and embroidered flowers
Lydia Hearst married NBC's Chris Hardwick in a pink ombre tulle wedding gown
Actress Piper Perabo wore a long-sleeved silver Michael Kors dress with a gold veil
90210 star Shenae Grimes tied the knot in a black Vera Wang tulle gown
Kiera Knightly wore her favourite pink Chanel prom dress
Sofia Coppola opted for a short pale lavender chiffon dress
Big Bang Theory's Kayley Cuoco walked down the aisle in pink in her fire-and-ice themed wedding in California
I remember watching Don't Tell the Bride the week before our wedding was aired and saw an episode where the couple got married in IKEA. As shocked as the beautiful Celine was to be be heading up the escalator in her wedding dress, all I could think was - well who better than IKEA to decorate a wedding ceremony?! And, just like the bride, the room looked stunning.
You may not have thought of it, but IKEA are also a great place to pick up all those little wedding bits and bobs to save you money as well as bring personality to your big day!
1. Stock up on miscellaneous frames. You can use them for so much - table numbers, table plans, photo booth props or remembering those who can not be there.
2. Use net curtains as a backdrop for your ceremony, photobooth or as a table runner.
3. Use tin cans, jugs and buckets to hold and display flowers, drinks, sparklers or cutlery. You could even paint them with spray or chalk paint.
4. IKEA has a huge range of fabric and the price per metre is so reasonable. It can be used for backdrops, bunting or table runners.
5. Glass-wear is abundant in IKEA - bottles, jars, glasses. You could use them for flower display, treats, table numbers.
6. Write on the glass of a mirror to create a unique table plan or welcome message. You can use a mirror with an ornate frame or paint it whatever colour you like.
7. Paint up a children's chalk board to display the day's events or a cute greeting for your guests. Decorate with wild flowers in IKEA bottles or pots.
8. Use IKEA lanterns for centrepieces, floral display or to create soft lighting in your ceremony. You can paint them also.
9. Paint up IKEA's mini greenhouse as a place for your guests to put cards in or again for floral display.
10. IKEA's range of candles and candle holders are not just vast but also beautiful. No matter what colour or size you are looking for they have it.
.Wedding invitations are something we did not have the luxury of choosing or even sending for our wedding - considering it would have taken longer to print them than actually organise the whole wedding. This has not stopped me admiring and dreaming about what I would have picked.
There are so many unique ideas out there that can show your personality and really give your guests something to look forward to. LifeAfterBlue has done some web searching to find the most unique and creative to inspire you...
Destination Wedding Idea
The Love Story
Pop - ups
Family | Lifestyle |