I remember watching Don't Tell the Bride the week before our wedding was aired and saw an episode where the couple got married in IKEA. As shocked as the beautiful Celine was to be be heading up the escalator in her wedding dress, all I could think was - well who better than IKEA to decorate a wedding ceremony?! And, just like the bride, the room looked stunning.
You may not have thought of it, but IKEA are also a great place to pick up all those little wedding bits and bobs to save you money as well as bring personality to your big day!
1. Stock up on miscellaneous frames. You can use them for so much - table numbers, table plans, photo booth props or remembering those who can not be there.
2. Use net curtains as a backdrop for your ceremony, photobooth or as a table runner.
3. Use tin cans, jugs and buckets to hold and display flowers, drinks, sparklers or cutlery. You could even paint them with spray or chalk paint.
4. IKEA has a huge range of fabric and the price per metre is so reasonable. It can be used for backdrops, bunting or table runners.
5. Glass-wear is abundant in IKEA - bottles, jars, glasses. You could use them for flower display, treats, table numbers.
6. Write on the glass of a mirror to create a unique table plan or welcome message. You can use a mirror with an ornate frame or paint it whatever colour you like.
7. Paint up a children's chalk board to display the day's events or a cute greeting for your guests. Decorate with wild flowers in IKEA bottles or pots.
8. Use IKEA lanterns for centrepieces, floral display or to create soft lighting in your ceremony. You can paint them also.
9. Paint up IKEA's mini greenhouse as a place for your guests to put cards in or again for floral display.
10. IKEA's range of candles and candle holders are not just vast but also beautiful. No matter what colour or size you are looking for they have it.
Family | Lifestyle |